Jul 12, 2008

Catching Up With Russell


God, I've missed Russell! For those of you who don't know, I'm an avid fan of the British god of comedy – the lovely Mr. Russell Brand. Ever since I first listened to his podcast last August, I've gotten totally hooked, and not only have I never missed a show since, I've also found and listened to all of his previous shows. And seen his movies. And all his TV work... Yes, I'm a twerp...
Anyways, a few weeks ago, my little niece dropped my beloved MP3 player into her bath water, so it hasn't been on top form, which means I've given up listening to my podcasts for a while. And, while I do miss other stuff, like Mark Kermode's movie rants (subscribe here), nothing compares to Russ. His outrageousness, randomness and refusal to conform, and especially his “odd couple” relationship with co-host Matt Morgan have me in stitches every time.
Anyway, this morning I saw Russell's latest “viddycast” (if you think this name for a vodcast is idiotic, check out his autobiography called “My Booky Wook”), and then I had a stroke of genius – my e-book reader also plays MP3s (so does my husband's iPod, but that thing always intimidates me for some reason)!
Now I have some catching up to do, as there are 4 unlistened to shows in my RB folder!
You can find the viddycast and the latest episode of his show on his BBC Radio 2 page.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: